Please tag these with #fortyeahteamfortress2 if you do any of these, and we’ll reblog ‘em! Please remember to keep anything NSFW under a cut.
- Subject: Your favorite character and a character they don’t interact with very much in canon. | Prompt: How did they meet? Did they get along well at first? How’s their relationship now? Do they get along, or do they keep their distance?
- Subject: The merc’s pets. | Prompt: Make a story starring the pets, and only the pets. The mercs cannot appear at all, or they at least cannot have any dialogue.
- Subject: The NPC’s. | Prompt: Same rules as above (no appearances, or at least, spoken dialogue by the mercs), but with the non-player human characters. Bidwell, Reddy, Saxton, Helen, Miss Pauling, etc.
- Subject: Your favorite character. | Prompt: Their biggest weakness, and how they confront it.
- Subject: Two characters who have the same interest, but engage in it differently. | Prompt: For example, how does the way Medic does science differ from the way Engineer does science? If Heavy and Spy are both interrogating a subject, is one the Good Cop, and the other the Bad Cop?
- Subject: The Noodle Incident. | Prompt: A “Noodle Incident” is a situation in fiction that is alluded to, but never fully explained. (See: Whatever happened in Budapest between Hawkeye and Black Widow in The Avengers.) Just who the heck was Medic’s doomed patient? What was he doing stealing a catering van? How did Spy and Heavy end up in jail in those promo images for the Über Update?
- Subject: Family members. | Prompt: What are your headcanons for the merc’s (or NPC’s) family members? You can include family we’ve already ‘met’, as well.
- Subject: Hats. | Prompt: Involve hats somehow. Hats surprisingly don’t come up in art or fic that often. Bonus points if it’s a hat that doesn’t exist in canon.
- Subject: Hobbies. | Prompt: Your OTP (or favorite platonic duo) shares a hobby. Do they pursue it together? Do they even know they share the same interests? What happens when they find out? Do they spend far too much time and money on it?
- Subject: Weird weather. | Prompt: …Why is it snowing at Cactus Canyon? Why does Coldfront look like an Oasis? You tell me.
Now you may be asking, “But fortyeah, I don’t draw, write, or I can’t use SFM! What can I do?” Well, I have prompts for you, as well:
- Reblog any fanart or fanfic in the fandom that has less than 100 notes. Go advertise your favorite fanartist/fanfic writer that doesn’t get as much love as they deserve.
- Make a fanmix for your favorite character.
- Send a nice message to someone in the fandom who’s feeling down.
Looking forward to the results! You’re all awesome, talented people, so I can’t wait.
If you’re not going to comic con clap your hands.
If you live no where near it clap your hands.
if your favorite cast is showing and you’re dying ‘cause you’re not going.
then go ahead and cry and clap your hands.